|Admissions Essays Blog|
|Through our very own editors and guest writers, this blog will discuss the INSIDE scoop on the admissions process of various schools and programs. If you wish to ask a specific question, please write to us, and we will make every attempt to address your questions in our future blog discussions.|
Monday, November 1, 2010
College Admission Essay Writing - Causing Stress for Students of All Ages
Summary: Whether you're a high school senior trying to get into the college of your dreams, or an aspiring CEO who needs a great MBA program, the right college admission essays can mean the difference between the perfect school - and settling for someplace else.
College admission essay writing - it's something that can strike fear in even the most accomplished of students. In most cases, college admission essays have replaced one-on-one interviews, meaning that your essay is the only way to make yourself standout among the thousands of other applicants.
Let's face it, whether you're trying to get into a traditional four-year university or a top-rated MBA program, virtually every applicant has the same great grades, the same impressive extracurricular activities, and the same glowing letters of recommendation.
Adding to the crunch, most schools simply do not have time to schedule interviews with all of the applicants, like they did years ago.
So, what's the only way to get your application to the top of the "approved" pile? College admission essays that reflect your experience, your personality, and your determination. An application essay is likely your only chance to speak one-on-one with the people who make admissions decisions, so you have to make sure that yours is memorable.
A great application essay says more about you than any resume can. It tells the admissions board what you have done with your life - both personally and professionally - and how those experiences will make you a valuable addition to their school. Most importantly, you want your application essay to be as genuine as possible. If you think you can really make a difference by being accepted in to the school of your dreams, tell the admissions board why.
Conversely, if you let the pressure get to you, your application essay will show it.
So, how great is the pressure?
Studies show that the top undergraduate schools only accept 10% of applicants. You certainly don't want college admission essay writing to land you in the other 90%!
And, it doesn't get much easier as you get older.
In fact, studies show that the top business schools only accept 12% of applicants. The competition is fierce; that's why an MBA application essay can make such a big difference. You certainly do not want to come across as someone who cannot handle competition or pressure! After all, if you cannot handle the stress of getting into business school, how will you deal with the real world -when high-powered deals are being created in the boardroom?
|Affiliate Program | Free Admission Essays | Writing Tips | Newsletter | Links | Success Stories | Contact Us|
|Admission Essay | Personal Statement | Letter of Recommendation | Scholarship Essay|